Wednesday, November 7, 2007

A Letter from Marybeth

Dear Michelle-

I am so grateful to have had 20+ years of memories to help me get through the past year. We always made fun of Jen for having such a vivid memory, but I find myself really relying on her memories now. Although I can easily recall many good times from our elementary, middle and high school years, our college years and times spent together in our 20's, it's the memories of you as a young mom that I most want to remember right now. Jen- having gone through her pregnancy with the benefit of your advice and experience-is able to pass along your words of wisdom on everything from pregnancy and delivery to having a brand new infant and adjusting to life as a working mom. At my baby shower Jen gave me a copy of the card you gave her when she was pregnant. I love re-reading this card, where you say that you have passed the same card along to many of your pregnant friends. Getting that card made me feel like you were a part of my pregnancy, passing along advice and support as I know you would have. I have a whole new respect for the amazing mom that you were. I look back on pictures of you and Cassidy together and I can see the absolute joy in both of your faces...and Jen provides the background details on where you were and what you were doing when the pictures were taken! My only regret is that there should be many, many more of these pictures and memories.
We are so happy that your Mom is part of Katherine and Ciara's lives. We will make sure that she keeps practicing her grandmotherly skills, because we all hope that she will be reunited with Cassidy sometime soon.
I love you and miss you, Marybeth

No comments: