Friday, November 2, 2007

Memories from Sue

Michelle moving to North Carolina gave us the opportunity to know each other more like first cousins, than distant cousins. As Linda was more like a sister to my mother than a first cousin. I wish, as I know all of us do, that I could have had more of Michelle. I was just finally getting to really know her as a woman and mother. Michelle was always a lot of fun to be around, the kind of person that draws you in, charismatic.

A vivid memory for me is Easter of 2006. It was a beautiful day and Michelle and family drove up and of course, she was looking like she just stepped out of Vouge. Love the shoes, love the hair, love the bag... We proceeded to watch Cassidy and my little nephew Carter (same age) look for Eggs, which was a riot in and of itself. Carter running full speed and almost falling over the egg he saw before he could grab it and Miss Cassidy was skipping along and ever so carefully and gently picking up her egg as though it was made of gold and putting it in the basket.

After the annual Heller Egg Hunt, we sat down for dinner and I sat in between Cassidy and Michelle. I remember that Cassidy was not eating much and Michelle had said she had just recently had a stomach bug and was sick for a while. I looked at them both and how relaxed Michelle was at dinner time, which we all know can be a hectic time, and I said to her...Wow, the way you mother her in such a calm and loving way is really a beautiful thing, a quality I greatly admired. You could see how much she loved her and how much Cassidy loved her right back! I remember telling her that she acted like Cassidy was more like her fourth child than her first. She had complete confidence when it came to almost everything it seemed, and especially being a mother. Michelle you will be thought of and prayed for more than you know...We love you!

With all of our love always
Sue Parker and Family
Greensboro, NC

No comments: