Friday, November 2, 2007

Memories from John

Fondly remembered…

It is extremely difficult to put into words the thoughts and emotions that well up when I think about Michelle Fisher.
On the eve of the anniversary of her passing the thoughts of family thrust their way into my consciousness. Michelle is part of a large, extended family. I have been connected to that family for more than twenty years and if I had to boil down all the experiences I have participated in and heard about to one word it would be…loud…(wink)… love. There was lots of hugging and lots of kissing. Especially of the little people. To be a child in this family is to be loved and cared for in a special way.
I could be totally somber with my comments and thoughts, but another strong memory from my time spent with Michelle and her beautiful family is laughter. A genuine feeling of good natured fun and a zeal for life. Anything from good natured ribbing about a boy friends and girl friends to a full blown water fight.
My personal memories, without exception include Linda and Meredith. I remember vividly, shortly after their return from their trip to the mother country, Italia, dozens of pictures of the girls and the breathtaking sights. The sights were wonderful, but the “togetherness” of Michelle, Linda and Meredith is what remains most poignant. The pictures could have been taken in Toledo, and what would stand out is the love bonding the three humans in the photo.
We have a picture on our refrigerator of the reunion at Linda’s house the summer before the tragedy. If you look at that picture Michelle is in the geometrical center. And all the people who love her and whom she loved are surrounding her. As we have symbolically surrounding her for the past year. Grandma is holding Cassidy, and all is well. I pray often that justice will prevail. For Cassidy, for Linda and Meredith, for us all.
As I look out the window and see the bright rays of sunlight I recall what is often said about Michelle, “what a bright and wonderful smile she had…”. When I pray I pray that God will care for Michelle, will care for our darling Cassidy and help all of us who think of her as a friend, sister, daughter, granddaughter, niece, cousin. It is the memory of her life I choose to celebrate. I miss you. We all miss you.
John Parker

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

People should read this.